Sunday, April 6, 2008

Sunday Morning Come Again



My favorite time of day is by far the morning. I've always been one to wake up relatively happy. A few of the highlights of my mornings are to enjoy the aromatic coffee brewing, and to read my morning news and email while drinking the daily blend. I love the quiet before the phone begins it's ringing and the list of things to do flashes brighter and brighter through my head space.

Today being Sunday I tend to relax more.
Sunday's are special because I, like you I am sure, am pretty driven to work hard most of the week. By the time Sunday comes, I relish in the relaxation of doing little. For today, I shall prepare to go downtown San Jose to CHAM Community Homeless Alliance Ministry where I like to show up and visit my friends who come out to worship and fellowship. It's a wild time in the Lord. Pastor Scott Wagers is like a Rock Star for church.
He enters the sanctuary in his shades and has this Elvis persona, this coolness thing about himself. This church is definitely a street ministry, where most attendees have one time or another looked a little tore up from the floor up! But it is this character that I love about it. It always reminds me to stay humble and and to remember; the least of these....

Today, I have new friends joining me at CHAM. So it should be fun.
I have been sitting out from singing lately as I have needed time to re-group after working hard to release "The Runner".

When I return home, my hope is I will have the quiet time to prepare a few new tracks for the next album we are already working on titled, "Free".

(More about "Free" soon.) Stay tuned :-)

No comments: