Thursday, October 1, 2009

Hands Full~ Radically Blessed !


I'm glad to meet new friends everywhere I go and online too....
It's always cool to hear where people are at with their musical tastes and desires.
Everyone is an artist in their way and I have great respect for individual creativity.

With such a plethora of new music coming out, it's challenging to keep up, but I will begin by saying one of my favorite collections is my new age album DESERT SEAS. I released this collection October 2008 and being a DIY artist, it has taken some time to get to promoting, and getting it out there, other than the usual myspace and radio station distribution. I am beginning to promote this bunch of songs more now all over the world via various outlets and it feels good. We are recieveing radio play and lots of great feedback.

I am in the process of releasing an early Fleetwood Mac cover album that is so very special too.
A MISS KRISTIN MAC ATTACK is this months release and I am preparing it to go up on iTunes, so you should be able to purchase by the holiday shopping rush. You may also purchase the music now directly from my website at http://misskristin.com and you may listen and buy A MISS KRISTIN MAC ATTACK by going to http://myspace.com/misskristinmacattack .

In June 2009, I released my patriotic collection MARCH ON. I spent the whole summer promoting and shipping the music to radio, doing my best to get it out there. It is always a busy time around my place of business, because I love what I do and it does not feel so much like work, but a good and great way of life.

One thing I can say about the larger amount of music to distribute is that is gets expensive and I live very frugally in order to pull it off! I do things myself like pedicures and haircuts, (I am a licensed hairdresser) and sometimes I barter for things I need. I find this helps me attain things that are extra expenses like iPods, hard drives, musical instruments, etc., so as to save money for the promotion of the music.

What I believe about being a DIY artist, is that the music propagates more gradually over time and has a lasting ability. So with these three releases, I will be extend for exposure over the next few years and then I believe they will go far by word of mouth, lasting long after I cross over to the other side of life.

So, like a music making machine of true love my intentions are to continue releasing my large catalog for the years to come. My next release FREE is in production and Lord willing I shall release it in the spring of 2010.

Please stay tuned into my music and listen on...I love to create and I do it all for you and the pleasure it brings me to give.

I am glad to make your acquaintance.

Hugs,

Miss Kristin

No comments: